Pediatrics Infectious Diseases Post Doctoral Employee or Fellow
Date posted: 2017-05-19
Information: Seeking an experienced M.D. for a Post-Doctoral fellowship with a specialization in pediatric infectious diseases and an interest in immunocompromised children and adolescents. The post-doctoral fellow will work in the Pediatrics Division of Infectious Diseases at UCLA. Applicants need to have M.D. an interest in HIV-1 infection and an interest in the microbiome as it relates to human health and disease.
Description: PI: Dr. Deville
Name of Position: Post Doctoral Employee or Fellow
Department: Pediatrics Infectious Diseases
Description: Seeking an experienced M.D. for a Post-Doctoral fellowship with a specialization in pediatric infectious diseases and an interest in immunocompromised children and adolescents. The post-doctoral fellow will work in the Pediatrics Division of Infectious Diseases at UCLA. Applicants need to have M.D. an interest in HIV-1 infection and an interest in the microbiome as it relates to human health and disease.
- M.D. with subspecialty training in pediatric infectious diseases required, and an interest in immunocompromised hosts and pediatric infectious diseases.
- Review and summarize relevant research literature
- Assist Dr. Deville in planning and designing research experiments; establishing priorities and recommending schedules, timetables and costs.
- Prepare project materials including but not limited to study participant consents, assents, and Institutional Review Board submissions.
- Data collection, processing and analysis
- Presentation of project results to internal and external parties.
- Performs statistical analyses in collaboration with biostatisticians, including selecting the appropriate analysis procedure, setting up data for analysis, judging validity and reliability of data, and producing written reports on the result of the analyses.
- Effectively uses available technology to facilitate the success of the project.
- Liaisons with other departments, outside collaborators, and others to ensure success of project.
- Prepares manuscripts and reports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organizational and project management skills.
- Cultural and language skills to perform research in Peru.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Awareness of and commitment to UCLA’s CICARE.
- The ability to work effectively with people from culturally diverse backgrounds
- Written and spoken proficiency in Spanish
- Conducting research as determined with Principal Investigator (PI)
- Publish results of independent laboratory research in collaboration with lab PI, including writing of scientific manuscripts, abstracts and other supporting documentation
- Participate in laboratory and Divisional seminars, meetings, educational sessions, general and specific safety training and other training sessions
- Provide mentorship and teaching to PhD or MD students, post-docs, undergraduate students and summer students.
- Performs other duties and laboratory responsibilities as requested.
HS Clinical Professor
Pediatrics Infectious Disease
Maria G. Rangel, MPA
Principal Administrative Analyst Supervisor
Director, UCLA FAN
Care 4 Families, Pediatric Infectious Disease