Professional Skills and Training Support for Bioscientists
(All of these programs and events are announced on the Postdoc Mailing List. When setting up or updating your subscription, make sure you select “Biomedical, Life and Health Sciences” as your Primary Research Discipline to receive our announcements.)
Fellowship Writing Support
- F32 Workgroup
Get support writing an NIH Individual Fellowship application. We hold two groups per year, one starting in September for the December deadline and the other starting in January for the April or August deadlines.
- Now enrolling! Register here
- For applicants aiming for December deadlines
- Weekly zoom session, 12-2pm
- View the Syllabus/Timeline.
- CIMER Training in Research Mentorship is an evidenced-based training curriculum to develop your research mentoring skills that is similar to the training offered to UCLA Faculty.
- Next 2-part training will be February, 2023
- Register your interest to be notified when enrollment starts.
Responsible Conduct of Research Training
- Introductory RCR Course (MIMG C234) is offered every spring quarter and is open to all postdocs to audit for a certificate of completion.
- Refresher RCR Course is offered every fall quarter and is open to senior grads and postdocs for a certificate of completion. Now enrolling! Register here
Rigor and Reproducibility Training
- Introductory Rigor Course (MOL BIO C235) is offered every fall quarter and is open to all postdocs to audit for a certificate of completion.
Bioscience Professional Development
- Success in Your Postdoc Monthly Workshop Series, repeats annually. Example topics include: Aligning Expectations with Your Mentor, Becoming a Resilient Scientist, Receiving and Responding to Feedback, Maintaining Effective Communication, Building Positive Mental Habits, Time Management, and Creating a Professional Development Plan.